return to: secondary
curriculum | Michigan Model®
page | buy
for this module
Don't Bet On It!
The goals of this module are that students will:
- comprehend the risks and possible
negative consequences associate with gambling.
- analyze the influences that
encourage or discourage gambling.
- understand the laws related to
- understand the characteristics of
different types of gamblers: social, problem, and compulsive.
- evaluate the warning signs of
problem and compulsive gambling.
- know when and how to get help for
a gambling problem.
- comprehend the potential for
addiction to gambling and the phases a compulsive gambler
- assess their own level of risk.
- synthesize information to create a
school media campaign informing peers of the dangers of gambling.
For information about placing materials orders click here.
To print an order form return to Materials
Main Page or